The Life of a Skincare and Beauty Addict
Just an ordinary gal trying to survive the gruesome university semesters while working on a healthy lifestyle of exercise, diet, and a glowing skincare routine!

Playlist (on shuffle)
Country Road by Piano de Ghibli
朝が明けるまで by Younha
あなたがいるから by Yokota Haruna
Message by Rogue by Piano de Ghibli
Tree-Lined Road by Aoi Teshima

Stats
Online:
Visits:
Beauty Profile

Skin Type: Dehydrated, oily, and sensitive

Problems: Hormonal breakouts, blackheads, and enlarged pores

Skin Tone: Light-medium honey beige

Eye Shape: Double Eyelids

Natural hair color: Black (currently dyed ombre brown/blonde)



Saturday, May 9, 2015 at 4:35 PM with 0 comment(s)
Hello! Today I will be reviewing two items from the Faceshop: the Black Yeast Peeling Mask and the Aloe Nose Strips. I'm so glad that a Faceshop store opened in my city. Hopefully an Etude House store will open here soon! I purchased the peeling mask for $13 + tax and the nose strips for $6 + tax.


Black Yeast Peeling Mask




This peeling mask is formulated from black yeast, wheat flour, oatmeal, pearl barley, soybean, and rice. This product removes dead skin and leaves your smooth and elastic.

Size: 110 mL

How to apply: 

  1. Apply at night after cleansing. Apply toner and moisturizer before applying. Avoid eye and lip area.
  2. Leave it on for 20-30 minutes and peel it off slowly to remove all impurities.
  3. Sometimes I get too lazy so I just wash off the mask. I don't really see much of difference compared to peeling it off so either way works I think. If you do wash it off, don't apply toner or moisturizer because there's no point in washing that off and then reapplying. 



It's a light brown squeeze tube.

 

It's a brown, sticky paste. I really like the smell of this peeling mask. :-)


The black yeast formula is thick and sticky and it dries out pretty quickly so apply it on fast!


Start peeling at a corner. It might be a little bit hard to do at first because it's like trying to find the end of a clear roll of tape. Peel off slowly and make sure to get off everything!








Nothing much about the packaging but it's nice and simple. 

★★★★★ 




This peeling mask exfoliates your skin nicely and leaves a refreshing, elastic feel to your skin. I really like the smell of this peeling mask too because it has a subtle, earthy fragrance. I use it about 2-3 per week and it's a great addition to my skin care products. 

This product does not seem to work very well for me. It doesn't seem to have a significant effect on my skin after I use it. I will write more on my thoughts below in the "Overall" comments.

Updated: December. 29, 2015


★★ 




Definitely something I would purchase again. 

After using this a lot more during my skincare routine, I have noticed that this product does not do much to my skin. I does take off some of the dead skin on my face but there is not noticeable or significant difference to my skin. I tend to use this after I steam my face and I noticed that my face feels very soft and refreshed. However, I wanted to see if this was true if I did not steam my face and as I was expecting, my face didn't feel any different. I came to the conclusion that steaming my face was the thing making my face feel smooth and refreshed; not the peeling mask.

I also steam my face and use other masks like the Innisfree Volcanic Pore Clay Mask (which I will make a review on soon) and using this mask has a significant difference on my face.

I will not be purchasing this peeling mask again from the Face Shop. I am trying really hard to use up the bottle so that I can purchase TonyMoly's Floria Brightening Peeling Gel because I heard good reviews on that product.

Updated: December. 29, 2015

★★ 

(ratings are out of 5 stars) 


Aloe Nose Strips 




These nose strips contain extracts of New Zealand white clay and aloe vera. The box comes with 7 nose strips. 

How to apply:

  1. Use after cleansing but dampen your nose thoroughly with water before applying the nose strip. 
  2. Remove clear film and apply the smooth film on your nose. 
  3. Remove the strip after 15-20 minutes or until the sheet is completely dry. 
  4. Avoid using this strip if you have an breakouts/acne on your nose. It can irritate it even more and cause more inflammation. 



The strips come in a blue box.


Close-ups of the text and pictures.



The strips come in a single packaging like this. Inside there is one strip and it's covered by a clear film which you have to peel off before you apply it (no pictures to show. sorry ^^;)






Again, nothing much to the packaging but it's still nice and simple. 

★★★★★




The product works but it doesn't remove embedded black heads. It only removes white heads and it's kinda weird, gross, but super satisfying to see them peel off because they look like little anemone plants (sorry for the gross visual LOL). 

★★★★ 




They work pretty well but they're a little on the costly side. I only use them when my pores are really bad and they help clarify some of the impurities. I would purchase this product again just to use them for emergencies. 

★★★★ 

(ratings are out of 5 stars) 




Thank you for reading! Stay tune for more. ~



Tags: The Faceshop, reviews, skincare, nose strips, maskKorean 

Labels: , , , , ,

Post a Comment

Comments are appreciated!